Personal Care Services
A certified PSW (personal support worker) is taught the best way to care for others in need due to illness or ageing. They have gained hands-on experience caring for people with many diseases and behaviours associated with these diseases and continue to learn with each new client.
Here is an extensive list of many tasks they provide:
- Basic hygiene, bathing, toileting, and grooming
- Oral hygiene
- Assistance with movement
- Range of motion exercises
- Take walks using a walker/wheelchair for exercise and fresh air
- Prepare or assist with meals
- Package/freeze prepared meals for future meals
- Assistance with eating
- Monitor eating habits
- Reminders to take Medication
- Engage client regarding activities or hobbies
- Light housekeeping and laundry
Personal Care Services
Companionship for Seniors
Respite Care (short-term)
Approved Healthcare’s PSWs are collaborative and work well as a team within our agency, in a Senior Residence or with our clients, their families or loved ones.
Our goal is to reduce our clients’ difficulties with daily living, alleviate their stress and family worries, and improve their quality of life.
You may reach us at 416-746-8840 to learn more .
We provide service in the areas of Thornhill, Etobicoke, North York and Mississauga!
One of our goals at Approved Healthcare is to inform you about programs and services that are available to help ease your financial burden from healthcare costs.
The following are programs that may apply to your health care needs, as well as how to save on private caregiver service costs. Click on any of the program headings below to get more details.
Dental Care for Low-Income Seniors
Did you know there are discounted Healthcare Programs available, and not just for seniors but people who have serious health issues?
We want to help you to Get Informed!
Dental care for low-income seniors
Learn how to access free, routine dental care for eligible seniors 65 years or older, through the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program. The program is designed to support low-income seniors.
You can apply for the program if you:
- are 65 years of age or older
- are a resident of Ontario
- meet the income requirements.
- have no other form of dental benefits, including private insurance or dental coverage under another government program such as Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program or Non-Insured Health Benefits
Click here to learn more: https://www.ontario.ca/page/dental-care-low-income-seniors
Trillium Drug Program
The Trillium Drug Program helps Ontarians pay for their high prescription-drug costs. This plan covers more than 4,400 prescription drugs currently available through the Ontario Drug Benefits (ODB) Program
You should apply if you:
- live in Ontario
- have a valid Ontario health card number
- do not have an insurance plan that pays for 100% of your drugs
- spend about 4% or more of your after-tax household income on prescription-drug costs
- do notalready qualify for the Ontario Drug Benefit* program
Details can be found on the website:
or by calling:
1-800-575-5386 (toll free)
416-642-3038 (in Toronto area)
Ontario Drug Benefit Program (ODB)
You will qualify for the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) program when you turn 65 years old or because of specific circumstances.
Click here to learn more:
Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) Do Not Pay HST!
If you are eligible to receive services from LHIN caregivers (lower rates), and you also have a private caregiver, then you do NOT have to pay HST for private care during the duration of receiving LHIN caregiver services.
Click here to find the LHIN office in your area: http://www.lhins.on.ca/
Family Caregiver Tax Benefit Info - Tax credits for families who personally care for their loved ones.
The family caregiver amount (FCA) is a non-refundable tax credit that helps Canadians with the costs of caring for a dependent with a physical or mental impairment who is living with the taxpayer.
Assistive Devices Program
If you have a long-term physical disability, you can get help paying for equipment and supplies when you qualify for the Assistive Devices Program.
Feel free to send us your request for information and we will get back to you asap.
Our Service hours 24/7
or as per your request.
Office hours to call
between 8 am – 8 pm.
301 Rexdale Blvd, 2nd Floor,
ON M9W 1R8