Hot Breakfast Month
February is a chilly month for a lot of us, so what better way to start our days than with a steaming warm morning meal? Hot Breakfast Month is celebrated every February to motivate everyone to schedule some extra time every morning to make a healthy breakfast.
“What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast?” -Anthony Bourdain
Breakfast … It’s the most important meal of the day! Nevertheless, everyone is so busy that they put breakfast on the back burner and simply grab something quick on their way out through the door early morning.
This month, let’s take up the challenge to awaken a little earlier and take the time to truly take pleasure in breakfast.
You will be amazed at how much better you feel throughout the day when you allow yourself lots of time in the morning to completely wake up, make breakfast, maybe listen to your preferred podcast or music as you get ready for the day.
Appreciating the appeal that early morning brings and enjoying a hot breakfast will undoubtedly make you feel more complete, more energized, and just feel much better all day long.
Here are a few ideas for healthy, hot breakfasts . We suggest that, you can create a regular routine and continue making tasty, hot breakfasts throughout the rest of the year!
- Egg breakfast muffins (generally mini quiche without the breaded crust for a healthy variation)
- Hot toast with peanut/almond/cashew butter, bananas sliced, and chia seeds sprinkled over the top
- Berry healthy smoothie. Throw your favorite berries, half a banana, some cashew or coconut milk into a blender for a few minutes for a delicious, revitalizing side to your hot meal. (Smoothies certainly aren’t a hot breakfast, however they go great on the side.)
- Oatmeal with fried egg(s) over the top
- Fried or poached egg on top of toast spread with Avocado
- Overnight egg bakes for much less work to do in the early morning
- Breakfast burrito packed with sweet potato and black bean
We believe Hot Breakfast Month was created to motivate us to get up and begin our day the right way!
Did you know our Personal Support Workers (PSWs) or Caregivers can make your loved ones hot breakfasts everyday, not just this month!